11 April 1985
Signed Bar Roll:
29 November 1990
Owen Dixon Chambers East
Floor 11, Room 15
205 William Street, Melbourne
Admitted to Practice:
Areas of Practice:
- Coronial Inquests
- Criminal Defence
- Criminal Law
Richard was married in 1991, has a toy poodle, and plays the piano.
Memberships and Associations:
- President of the Judicial Committee of Motorcycling Australia since 1997
Academic Position / Published Articles:
Has written several articles for the Victorian Bar News since 2002.
Most recently for the defence:
- September 2016: 20 day County Court trial concerning historic sexual charges. Not guilty verdicts.
- May-June 2017: 23 day County Court trial concerning sexual charges including incest. Not guilty verdicts.
- 2013 – Harris Inquest into the drowning of a two year old girl in a backyard swimming pool.
- Efandis v The Queen  HCATrans 182 (15 August 2014) http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/cth/HCATrans/2014/182.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=efandis
- Numerous criminal trial work