Neville Rochow SC
Neville Rochow SC
LL. B. (Hons), LL. M. (Adel), LL. M. (Deakin)
01 September 1986
Signed Bar Roll:
23 November 1988
15 December 2008
Admitted to Practice:
Mr Rochow S.C.’s practice is in all areas of commercial and corporate law, both at first instance and on appeal, with particular emphasis on trade practices and competition law.
His practice includes appearances in the High Court, Federal Court and in State and Territory Supreme Courts. Previous cases include Perre v Apand, Duke Group v Barker and Scholle v AEP. He has also appeared before various tribunals and inquiries.
Recent matters have involved alleged contraventions of sections 45, 46, 47, 51AA, 51AB, 51AC and 51AD, 52 and 53 of the Trade Practices Act, disputes over statutory, contractual and proprietary rights, rescission and affirmation of voidable contracts, common law restraint of trade and international sale of goods and product liability.
Current Committee Memberships and Legal Education Roles:
- Deputy chair (Adelaide), Trade Practices Committee, Law Council of Australia
- Member, Federal Court Liaison Committee, Adelaide Regis
- Member, Federal Court Liaison Committee, Law Council of Australia
- Member, Organising Committee for the Annual Trade Practices Committee, Centre for Regulation and Market Analysis, University of South Australia
- Member of the Executive of the South Australian Bar Association and sub-committees
- Member Bar Readers Course
- Member of the Management Committee of the Research Unit for Study of Society, Law and Religion, University of Adelaide
- Organiser of Conference “Cultural and Religious Freedom Under a Bill of Rights” (with Dr Paul Babie) 13 – 15 August 2009, Canberra, ACT, Australia