1989 - LLB (University of Melbourne)
1990 - Victoria
1991 - High Court Australia
1992 – Queensland
2006 – Northern Territory (NT)
Signed Bar Roll:
March 2018 – NT
Level 16, 19 Smith St.,
DARWIN NT 0800
Admitted to Practice:
Victoria, Queensland and NT
Areas of Practice:
- Accredited Mediator
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Children's Court
- De facto Law
- Family and Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Family Provision
- Human Rights and Discrimination
- Indigenous Rights
- Intervention Orders
- Magistrates Court
- Mental Health
- Succession Law
- Wills and Estates
Prior to being called to the Bar in 2018 Lindy worked as a Solicitor and Advocate in Victoria, Queensland and the Northern Territory of Australia for some 28 years.
Lindy is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law (Law Institute of Victoria). Family Law is Lindy’s area of expertise and main area of practice.
Lindy is a Nationally Accredited Arbitrator and Mediator and has extensive experience in this field. Lindy’s accreditation was obtained through the Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM).
Mediation and Arbitration assistance can be provided by Lindy face to face or via the use of technology including Zoom.
Appearance work has been undertaken by Lindy in Victoria, the NT and Queensland. This has included appearing as Counsel in the Local or Magistrates Court, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (and previously the Federal Magistrates Court), various Supreme Courts and numerous tribunals including the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, the Mental Health Review Tribunal, the NT Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the (previous) Social Security Appeals Tribunal. Lindy’s advocacy and representation in these various arenas has been of the highest quality.
In addition to appearing as Counsel at all stages of proceedings (including at interlocutory/interim and final hearings) Lindy’s practice also comprises timely and superior:
- Settlement of material.
Volunteering over countless years with numerous organisations has been an important part of Lindy’s life. Her current volunteering includes mentoring responsibilities with the Melbourne University Law School and University College Melbourne.
Lindy is an excellent and enthusiastic trainer and speaker. She has conducted speaking engagements/training over many years. Recent presentations provided by Lindy, or of which she has been part, comprise such diverse topics as Injuncting Lawyers, Family Law & LGBTIQ clients, Women at the Bar, Family Law & Mediations, International Women’s Day Breakfast panel discussion – #EachforEqual.
Lindy has a commitment to providing pre-eminent legal services as Counsel and maintaining the best traditions of the independent Bar.
- Accredited Specialist – Family Law (Law Institute of Victoria)
- Accredited Arbitrator & Mediator (Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators) (AIFLAM)
- Ochre Card (NT) (Working with children)
- Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP)
Memberships and Associations
- Pre 2006
- Board member, Chisholm Refuge (Brisbane)
- Board member, Immigrant Women’s Support Service (Brisbane)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Women’s Legal Service (Brisbane)
- Member, Domestic Violence Advocacy Service (Brisbane)
- 2008-9, President NT Women Lawyers’ Association.
- 2008-9, Councillor, NT Law Society.
- E 2011-13, Lecturer and Tutor in Family Law and Lecturer in Succession Law (Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT).
- 2013 – current, Volunteer, Top End Women’s Legal Service (Darwin).
- 2013 – current, Mentor to Juris Doctor Students, Melbourne University Law School.
- 2013, Board member, ‘Off the Leash’ community arts magazine (NT).
- 2018 – current, Member NT Bar Association (NTBA)
- 2018 – 19, Secretary NTBA
- 2020 – Council member NTBA
- 2020 – Mentor, University College (Melbourne University)
- 2020 – Member, NT Reference Group, National Mediator Standards Board
- 2020 – Committee member, Rural, Regional and Remote Committee, Law Council of Australia (NT Bar Association representative)
Current professional & associated memberships
- Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia (LCA)
- Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Law Society of the Northern Territory (LSNT)
- Women Lawyers’ Association NT (NTWLA)
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- University College Melbourne (alumni)
- Melbourne University Law School (alumni)
- Far North Queensland Law Society
- NT Bar Association (NTBA)
E 2011-13, Lecturer and Tutor in Family Law and Lecturer in Succession Law (Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT).
- Book review- ‘Animal Law in Australia – An Integrated Approach’ (2nd ed) Alex Bruce Lexis Nexis (Butterworths 2018) published in edition 2/19 of Law Society NT (LSNT) ‘Balance’ magazine.
- Book review – ‘Habeas Corpus – Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific’ (2nd ed) David Clark & Gerard McCoy (The Federation Press 2018) published in edition 4/19 of LSNT ‘Balance’ magazine.
- Book review – ‘Maurice Blackburn champion of the people’ (Scribe 2019) David Day published in edition 01/20 of LSNT ‘Balance’ Magazine
Rathbone & Robinson  FMCAfam 358
Pitman & Bond (N. 2)  FMCAfam 1316
B & D (No. 2)  FMCAfam 945
Keegan & Webber  FCCA 2685
Pitman & Bond  FCCA 2126
Re Bobbie  NTMC 018
In the matter of SN  NTMC 035
In the matter of the MJ, CC and AC children  NTMC 031
CEO for Children and Families v RN and TW  NTMC 006
Re Michael  NTMC 049