B. A. (NE), LL. B. (ANU), LL. M. (Melb)
01 November 1976
Signed Bar Roll:
23 May 1985
Admitted to Practice:
Victoria, NSW, Tasmania, ACT
Areas of Practice:
- Bankruptcy Law
- Commercial Law
- Corporations Law
Kim is available to do paperwork and provide advice in his areas of practice. He regularly appears in the Federal, Federal Circuit and Supreme Courts.
- He read with Gordon Ritter, now one of Her Majesty’s Counsel.
- Assistant Commissioner for Corporate Affairs for Victoria.
- Assistant Manager of the Corporate Operations Division of the Victorian Corporate Affairs Office.
- Kim was also the Victorian Representative on the National Takeover and Mergers Committee.
Prior to working in the Victorian Corporate Affairs Office, he was one of two Legal Officers appointed by the Crown Solicitor to assist the Royal Commission into the Housing Commission.
Memberships and Associations
- Past member of the Victorian Bar’s Company Law Committee.
Kim also assisted the Chief Justice’s Supreme Court Rules Committee with drawing the Supreme Court (Corporations) Rules 1992.
Academic Position / Published Articles:
Kim is a contributor to OUP’s Australian Legal Dictionary.
For several years he was a part-time instructor in Company and Commercial Law at Leo Cussen.