LL. B. (Hons), B. Sc.
15 August 2006
Signed Bar Roll:
24 October 2013
Floor 13, Room 10
460 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Admitted to Practice:
Areas of Practice:
- Human Rights Law
- Administrative Law
- Public Law
- Corporations Law
- Migration Law
- Insurance Law
- Coronial Inquests
- Common Law and Personal Injuries
- Trade Practices
- Banking and Finance
- Equity and Trusts
- Revenue and Superannuation Property
- General Commercial
- Discrimination and Harassment Disputes
- Freedom of Information
- Total and Permanent Disability Claims
- ASIC Investigations
- ASIC Prosecutions
- Financial Products Regulations
- Equity Opportunity
David practices in commercial and public law.
David is reading with Rowena Orr.
- David has 8 years’ experience as a litigator.
- Before coming to the Bar, he was a Senior Lawyer at ASIC working exclusively on the Storm Financial litigation – complex regulatory proceedings brought by ASIC against three major Australian banks.
- Prior to that, he was an Associate at Maurice Blackburn working principally in financial services litigation. He gained extensive superannuation and insurance experience and developed particular expertise in these areas.
Academic Position /
- He holds degrees in Law (Hons) and Science from La Trobe University, where he was the third-highest ranked honours student.
- He shortly begins a Master of Public and International Law at Melbourne University.
- ‘Formation of Opinions by Insurers’ (2012) 86 Australian Law Journal 379 – considers the exercise of discretionary contractual powers by insurers and the different ways that the exercise of such powers can be reviewed.
- ‘Time Cuts Both Ways’ (2007) 81(8) Law Institute Journal 44- considers a Federal Court decision on timing in disablement claims