LL. B., B. BSYS. (Monash)
15 December 2009
Signed Bar Roll:
19 May 2011
Owen Dixon Chambers West
Floor 19, Room 03
525 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Admitted to Practice:
Areas of Practice:
- Bankruptcy Law
- Building & Construction Law
- Civil Appeals
- Commercial Law
- Equity & Trusts Law
- Intellectual Property & Technology Law
- Professional Negligence
- Property Law
- Trade Practices
Chris practices primarily in commercial litigation, professional negligence, property disputes (incl. trusts), banking/finance litigation and intellectual property matters.
For further information please view Chris’ website on the link below:
- Sharma v Victorian WorkCover Authority (2012) 36 VR 318;  VSCA 254 – Victorian Supreme Court – Court of Appeal decision on scope of ss 60(2) and 60(4) of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth).
- Gluyas v Canby  VSC 11 – Victorian Supreme Court trial on defamation over the internet.
- Australian Vocational Driving Institute Pty Ltd v State of Victoria; State of Victoria v Austwide Institute of Training Pty Ltd  VCC 480 – County Court of Victoria – Scope of obligations imposed by Harman v Secretary of State for the Home Department  1 AC 280; alleged breach of Harman obligation.
- Jeffrey-Potts v Garel  VSC 237 – Victorian Supreme Court trial on Baumgartner constructive trusts (twenty day trial).
- Soia & Ors v Bennett – various judgments, but see : Soia v Bennett [No 5]  WASC 289 – Western Australia Supreme Court trial on a failed joint venture (trial exceeding forty sitting days).
Chris volunteers for Springvale Monash Legal Service (SMLS) (he commenced volunteering around 2007). He is presently a supervisor. Accordingly Chris is able to assist in other areas of the law other than pure commercial law.
Full CV available upon request.
For further details visit christwidale.com.au
From 15 Jun 2012, liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
- Banking and finance industry (ANZ Bank and National Australia Bank) – 5 years
- Commercial litigation firm – solicitor
- Department of Human Service – Solicitor
Pro bono practice
Chris volunteers for Springvale Monash Legal Service (SMLS) (he commenced volunteering around 2007). He is presently a supervisor.